Tired of paying way too much for acrylic nails? Do you want to learn how to do your own acrylic nails at home?
Well, in this post I’m going to show you how to do your own acrylics at home and turn your old boring nails into Malibu Barbie nails.
To start you’re going to need to make sure that you have all of the correct equipment.
Here’s a list of everything you will need in an acrylic started kit, to recreate these nails.
Nail Tools (Cuticle clipper, Tip cutter, Cuticle Pusher)
Large Dappen Dish
Buffer and File
Lint Free Wipes
Silver Mirror Pigment
So now that you have everything it’s time to get started!
1.Using your cuticle pusher push the cuticles back on every nail.
2. Return to the first finger and remove any excess (if required).
3. File all nails into a neat short shape.
4. Using a file gently buff the nail bed all over and repeat on all nails.
5. Brush off excess dust.
6. Using a lint-free wipe, wipe the nail with nail pure.
7. Select tip sizes for application on all 10 nails.
8. Cut tips to the right length and file to the desired shape.
9. Apply one coat of primer to all 10 nails, wait one minute then repeat.
10. Using the buffer file gently buff the false tips.
11. Drench your brush in the nail liquid, wipe off excess on the sidewall of the liquid holder, gently place the brush into the chosen powder.
12. Place the bead at the top of the nail by the cuticle and gently brush down, continuously patting and brushing the powder onto the nail in order to get the right shape so there isn’t any lumps or bumps.
13. Don’t forget to wipe the brush to remove any excess acrylic.
14. Using a nail file, shape the side walls of the nail, repeat on all.
15. File gently around the cuticle area, repeat on all nails (lighter pressure gives greater results)
16. File over the whole nail giving shape, repeat on all nails
17. Brush off dust
18. Using a lint-free wipe and cleanse, wipe all 10 nails.
19. If applying gel polish, paint the base coat on then cure for 10 seconds nails and the paint with the coloured gel and place under a lamp for 60-120 seconds.
20. Apply top coat and place under a lamp for 60-120 seconds.
21. Using a sponge dip into the chrome powder and rub all over the nail for a chrome effect.
22. Apply top coat again and place under a lamp.
23. Place a drop of cuticle oil around the cuticle and rub in.
And you’re done!
These are my favourite nails, I always have pink nails and chrome pink is my absolute favourite!
If you are interested in starting a nail course you can buy a starter kit here, and if you are based in the Midlands are looking for a nail course I trained with Tweeks Academy, everyone there was really helpful and friendly, I would 100% recommend going there to train.
I hope you’ve liked this post, comment below and let me know what you think.
And don’t forget to follow my blog!