So today I met the wonderful and talented Emma Conway, or some of you may know her as brummymummyof2.
Emma was asked to visit Birmingham City University to give a speech on her career and to answer any questions from staff and pupils.
As I have just recently started my blog I had a few burning questions to ask her.
Emma was incredibly helpful and it was interesting to hear her story of success.
So, after hearing her tips and tricks of how to make it in the blogging industry, I have compiled 10 easy steps to build a blog and make it sustainable.
Without further ado, here are the survival tips.
1. Find your niche. It’s important to write about what you are passionate about.
2. Authenticity is key! Always be yourself, no one likes a fake b**ch.
3. Follow trends. Depending on what you are writing about look at what’s popular to keep your viewers interested.
4. F the haters. Don’t be put down from trolls, they’re nothing but keyboard warriors. Focus on the people who are behind you 100%.
5. Don’t worry if it takes a while. Building a following takes time, just keep going!
6. Post regularly. This is incredibly important! Viewers will become bored if you don’t post often.
7. Take pride in your content. Don’t just post for the sake of it, write about something that interests you and your followers.
8. Get to know your followers. It’s important to understand what they like, after all they’re the ones reading it.
9. Don’t let it all go to your head. If your blog does become successful, remember why your followers followed you, as they can’t always handle change.
10. Have fun. It’s your blog, don’t make it feel like a 9-5 job, enjoy what you do and have fun doing it.
So that’s it in a nutshell!